Categories > Guides and Tips
- Grab a quick bite at Tito’s Taquitos
- Try local brews at Steeplejack Pizza and Beer
- Experience Portland nightlife at 45th Street Pub and Grill
- Eat healthy meals at Laughing Planet
- Order fresh dishes at Seasons & Regions Seafood Grill
- Try different drinks at Dutch Bros Coffee
- Get cozy at Driftwood Coffee
- Feel refreshed at Sunny’s Legendary Frozen Yogurt
- Purchase Oregon wine at Crowley Wines
- Check out great deals at Echo Audio
- Buy some weed at Five Zero Trees West
- Discover unique finds at Dragon Herbarium
- Relax at The Comfort Place Massage
- Connect with your inner child at Fairy Hair Godmother
- Play a sport at Pendleton Park
A beautiful and charming neighborhood in Portland, Hayhurst is another spot in the city that is just waiting to be discovered if you’ve never been here before!
From quaint cafes to top tier restaurants, this guide will show you the best way to explore Hayhurst. Grab your camera, put on your sneakers, and let’s get going!
1. Grab a quick bite at Tito’s Taquitos
Address: 3975 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-406-5935
- Sunday to Tuesday – closed
- Wednesday to Saturday – 11 AM to 7:30 PM
If you want a quick chow to power you through to the next few hours, you should check out Tito’s Taquitos at the Hayhurst neighborhood.
As you can tell from the name, they sell taquitos and similar stuff! You can also purchase some delicious authentic tacos at their shop. Obviously, try those, but don’t forget to try their desserts!
All of their food is gluten-free. However, if you have any other dietary restrictions, make sure to tell the staff and they’ll whip you up with something you can enjoy.
2. Try local brews at Steeplejack Pizza and Beer
Address: 4439 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-719-6241
- Sunday to Thursday – 3 PM to 9 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 3 PM to 10 PM
One of the things that people love about Portland is the number of local brews you can find all over the city. For this, try swinging by Steeplejack Pizza and Beer.
This bar has a lot of beer options to choose from, most of which are local. Aside from beers, they also have wine, cocktails, and pizzas – their beers go amazingly with the pizzas, in particular.
There are tons of seats in this restaurant, so if you’re a big group, this is perfect for you.
3. Experience Portland nightlife at 45th Street Pub and Grill
Address: 4511 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-246-7061
- Monday to Friday – 11 AM to 2 AM
- Saturday & Sunday – 10 AM to 2 AM
45th Street Pub and Grill is one of the best places to have fun at night in Portland. It’s quite known for its lively vibe, so if this is something you’re looking for, we suggest trying it out.
They have several food options too, most of which are great to pair with alcoholic drinks!
You can do several activities while you’re here such as karaoke, poker, lottery, and more. Check out what’s happening around you and don’t just stick to the bar when you go!
4. Eat healthy meals at Laughing Planet
Address: 4405 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-244-4254
- Monday to Sunday – 10:30 AM to 9 PM
The Laughing Planet restaurant is perfect for those who are health conscious, going green, or fond of Mexican-inspired food (they serve a lot of tacos, mini burritos, and the like).
Their farm-to-table approach to their dishes ensures freshness, making your meals as green as they can be. Their ingredients are also sourced locally.
Oh, and here’s something nice: if you’re trying to watch the calories you consume, they have the number of calories of each meal written on their menu!
- If you want something really filling, we suggest getting their Bollywood bowl. It’s made with Grilled chicken breast, roasted cauliflower, curry-roasted chickpeas, garlic green beans, spinach and yams. You can choose between brown and jasmine rice. The Bollywood bowl is also served with a southern Indian spicy coconut sauce.
5. Order fresh dishes at Seasons & Regions Seafood Grill
Address: 6660 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-244-6400
- Sunday to Thursday – 4 PM to 9 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 4 PM to 9:30 PM
We recommend Seasons & Regions Seafood Grill particularly because they have some of the freshest seafood in the city. They also grow their produce in their own farm, so they also have a farm-to-table approach to ensure freshness of their dishes.
While they source a lot of their ingredients locally, most of their dishes are inspired by cuisines from different regions. This is perfect for people who want a lot of variety!
Our staff here at Rip City Review have tried a lot of dishes that they found to be spectacular. If we were to choose our top tier though, it would be the fish & chips, eggs benedict, and fish tacos!
6. Try different drinks at Dutch Bros Coffee
Address: 5482 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 541-955-4700
- Sunday to Thursday – 5AM to 10 PM
- Friday & Saturday – 5 AM to 11 PM
If you’ve spent some time in Oregon, you’ve probably heard of Dutch Bros Coffee. It’s a drive-through coffee shop that sells a lot of classic and experimental sweet drinks.
Whether you want something refreshing or something that would keep you awake, you should check this one out. Be sure to try their experimental options, like the OG gummy bear flavor, Dutch mojito, and toasted mallow.
- If you want to try one of their shakes, we highly recommend getting the Snickerdoodle. It’s made of cinnamon, chocolate macadamia nut, white chocolate, and cinnamon sprinkles.
If coffee with a strong kick is what you’re looking for, try their 9-1-1. It’s an Irish cream breve with 6 shots of espresso.
7. Get cozy at Driftwood Coffee
Address: 4604 S Vermont St, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-246-4706
- Monday to Saturday – 7:30 AM to 1 PM
- Sunday – 8 AM to 1 PM
Another hidden gem in Hayhurst is the Driftwood Coffee. There are quite a few locals who frequent this place, but we find that visitors tend to miss this for some reason. We’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen to you!
Anyway, Driftwood Coffee has a homey vibe that would make you want to stay for hours while you read a book. We say this because we’ve done it a couple of times (guilty!).
It’s like the charming neighborhood coffee shop you love back home. The baristas are nice and sometimes, you would even get to talk to some friendly locals.
When we go here, most of us at Rip City Review usually order their chai latte or cappuccino. Try either for yourself to see how good it is.
8. Feel refreshed at Sunny’s Legendary Frozen Yogurt
Address: 4397 SW Vermont St, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 971-271-8348
- Monday – closed
- Tuesday to Thursday, Sunday – 12 PM to 8 PM
- Saturday – 1 PM to 9 PM
Aside from their frozen yogurt being ridiculously delicious, they also have fun and unique flavors that are addicting, to say the least.
They have flavors like cake batter (the most addicting one), pomegranate raspberry sorbet, and apple pie. However, they also have the more classic options like country vanilla, Dutch chocolate, and more.
Additionally, they also have a lot of toppings to choose from, including candy, chocolate, and fruit toppings.
Getting their frozen yogurt cakes while you’re here is a must! They’re the only ones who sell them in Portland.
9. Purchase Oregon wine at Crowley Wines
Address: 3511 SW Kanan Dr, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 971-645-3547
We told you – you’ll never run out of drinks to try in the city. If wine is what you’re looking for, check out Crowley Wines.
They only produce a small batch yearly: 3,000 to be exact. This ensures that their quality is nothing but the best and their process is more hands-on.
Their wines are aged around 9 – 12 months in their underground barrel room. Among the wines they usually release are Rosé of Pinot Noir, La Colina Pinot Noir, and Willamette Valley Chardonnay.
If you want something with traces of citrus and herb, we suggest trying their first 2023 release, which is the 2021 Entre Nous Pinot Noir.
10. Check out great deals at Echo Audio
Address: 5904 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
- Monday to Wednesday – closed
- Thursday to Saturday – 12 PM to 5 PM
Audiophiles will love this place! Echo Audio is an electronics store in the Hayhurst neighborhood that sells new and used equipment. This includes stereo amps, floorstanding speakers, and even some cables.
It’s perfect for every budget because they have a wide range of price points.
If there’s something you’re looking for, a rare item for example, they can help you look for it! Just leave them a message on their website and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.
11. Buy some weed at Five Zero Trees West
Looking for something tasty to bring in the weekend? #GoldenStrawberry is ya girl! From the talented @puddingriverfarm🔥 This beauty is a cross of #KosherKush and #StrawberryBanana making for a nice relaxed effect. #macromornings #Cannabis pic.twitter.com/HKCaFCbL2R— FIVE ZERO TREES (@FIVEZEROTREES) February 8, 2018
Address: 5336 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland
Contact details: +1 971-544-7828
- Monday to Sunday – 9 AM to 9:45 PM
There are a lot of quality dispensaries in Portland in almost every neighborhood. However, in Hayhurst, Five Zero Trees West takes the crown.
Anyway, the reason this dispensary is highly recommended is because of numerous monthly deals they offer, mostly 30% off on selected items. They also have daily deals like 15% off on edibles every Monday or 10% off pre-rolls every Friday.
They actually close at 10 PM, but it’s best to arrive at 9:45 PM at the latest as per Portland laws to avoid incomplete sales.
12. Discover unique finds at Dragon Herbarium
Address: 4638 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-244-7049
- Monday to Saturday – 11 AM to 7 PM
Dragon Herbarium is an apothecary shop that sells crystals, tinctures, essential oils, incense, metaphysical oils, and many more. They have numerous selections under each category, so you’re bound to find something you’ll be interested in.
If you want to dabble in new age spirituality or metaphysical stuff, going to this shop is a must!
You can also easily purchase their items on their website. However, if you can, we think it’s best to drop by their store especially when you have a lot of questions in mind!
13. Relax at The Comfort Place Massage
Address: 4610 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-515-9529
- Monday to Sunday – 9 AM to 9 PM
Not a lot of people know about this hidden gem in Hayhurst, which is such a shame! That’s why we’re sharing it with you.
The Comfort Place Massage is the perfect place to get yourself the well-deserved “Me Time” you need. Be sure to stop by it if you feel like you need to work out some tension in your muscles.
They offer different massages but their deep tissue massage definitely takes center stage. It was quite relaxing and the therapist really targeted our problem areas.
14. Connect with your inner child at Fairy Hair Godmother
Address: 4050 SW Fairvale Dr, Portland, OR
Contact details: +1 503-989-8993
- Sunday, Wednesday, & Saturday – 1 PM to 4 PM
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday – closed
Price: $3 per strand
If you’re someone who likes colorful and glittery stuff, you might want to drop by Fairy Hair Godmother. It’s a salon, yes, but the services they offer are quite different from other salons.
Instead of dyeing your hair or giving it a fresh cut, Elizabeth at Fairy Hair Godmother can give you a fun makeover by adding hair tinsels to your hair.
There are different colors to choose from, so you can either go from something more subtle to something more out there.
If you want a good deal, try buying 25 hair sparkles. You’ll get 5 free!
15. Play a sport at Pendleton Park
Address: SW Iowa St, Portland, OR
- Monday to Sunday – 5 AM to 12:01 AM
Pendleton Park is quite a small park in the Hayhurst neighborhood. However, there are a lot of amenities here that makes it quite enjoyable despite its size.
There’s a picnic area, play area, baseball field, soccer field, and basketball court.
If you want to reserve the field for a game, you can do so! Just call the Customer Service Center at 503-823-2525.